While a property’s appearance may be a guest’s first impression of Jasper, it is the result of the Front Desk Agent’s appearance, skills and abilities that impact how the Jasper experience will be for them. Because Front Desk Agents act not just as the face for Decore Hotels, but for Jasper as a whole, being one means being a great communicator, able to handle all guest requests and solve guest issues. The position can be challenging and varied but offers the opportunity to work flexible hours and interact with many people.
Front Desk Agents provide the hotel’s guests with any number of available services, which include not only being knowledgeable about the hotels’ amenities, but a list of attractions and activities available in the surrounding area.
If you like to make the difference between a good and great experience, have a passion for connecting with people and have great customer service skills, or if you just like knowing how to put a smile on a guest’s face, you would do well to consider being a Front Desk Agent for Decore Hotels!
– High School Diploma (Post-Secondary an asset)
– Hospitality experience (Promotional and Events Coordination Abilities are favourable)
– Computer and data input/retrieval Skills
– Expertise in interpersonal and cooperative communicating
– Administration experience
– Must be able to work in shifts
– Register and assist arriving and departing guests with room assignments
– Manage room and function reservations
– Provide information on hotel facilities and services
– Provide information and general familiarity on Jasper history, facilities and services
– Process and organize guest wake-up calls, investigate and resolve guest issues and claims, process and handle credit and cash balance sheets
– Work with minimal supervision
– Have stringent customer service focus and orientation
– General accounting
– Clerical duties (faxing, photocopying, filing, etc.)
Please send your resume with three work-related references to:
Lois Ford, Human Resources Manager
Box 658, 100 Juniper Street,
Jasper, Alberta, Canada,
Fax: (780) 852- 4413