Housekeeping Supervisor – Job Description – $16/hr
• Reports to Head HK Supervisor and/or Executive Housekeeper
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service, to both guests and co-workers
• Be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
• Handle guest and staff concerns and react quickly
• Supervise, co-ordinate, motivate and monitor the activities of all housekeeping staff. This includes all housekeepers, house-persons, porters and laundry attendants
• Train and coach housekeeping team members. Demonstrate patience and positive attitude when providing training and delegating tasks
• Perform daily inspection of all rooms to ensure cleanliness, maintenance and quality standards are consistently met and housekeeping staff are completing tasks in a timely fashion
• Evaluate performance of housekeepers and provide feedback to both the housekeeper and the Head Housekeeping Supervisor and/or Executive Housekeeper
• Monitor efficiency of all housekeepers
• Provide disciplinary actions in compliance with Decore Disciplinary Action Policy in absence of Head Housekeeping Supervisor
• Resolve personality issues between workers if necessary
• Set an example for other employees by working hard to meet shift production goals
• Immediately report violation of safety or security policies to the manager
• Assist the Head Housekeeping Supervisor and Executive Housekeeper as needed
• Respond to emergency situations, report emergencies to the Head Housekeeping Supervisor and/or Executive Housekeeper
• Keeping the Front Desk Team aware of anything that may pertain to their daily operations
• Assist in inventory control of all supplies impacting housekeeping
• Report and coordinate any maintenance issues found with the maintenance department. This includes all hotel areas and equipment
• Ensure all Alberta OH&S Regulations are followed
• Other duties as assigned by the Head Housekeeping Supervisor and/or Executive Housekeeper
Previous housekeeping supervisory experience preferred. Housekeeping experience required.
Language – Must be able to speak, read and write English
Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask with a positive attitude.
Effectively communicate with all levels of guests, employees and management.
Enjoy working as part of a team and must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Hotel us unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian Work Authorization.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.