Get paid to create delicious dishes while living in the breathtaking Rocky Mountains!
Jasper, Alberta’s amazing WickedCup wants to hire you as their new Kitchen Manager. Not only will you be paid to carry out your passion for culinary creations, but WickedCup will also provide subsidized accommodations for the entire summer, making this an unbeatable opportunity, which will bolster both your resume and your life experience.
As our Kitchen Manager you will hold the following responsibilities:
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, presentation and quality standards
- Prepare unique meals and individual dishes in a creative fashion
- Oversee kitchen operations while promoting a professional, safe and enjoyable workplace for all employees
- Ensure that information flows freely within the team and that communication lines are both open and efficient
- Ensure sanitary cooking practices and kitchen space at all times in full accordance with health regulations
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
- Ensure both hygiene standards and dress code are respected and maintained at all times
- Maintain inventory and a minimum food loss
- Monitor and order supplies
- Establish and maintain good relations with the vendors
- Must always verify invoices
- Contribute to staying on budget while aiming to exceed financial objectives
- Ensure daily restaurant maintenance schedules are followed
- Ensure correct preventative maintenance steps are followed to prevent equipment failure
- May set up and oversee buffets
- Opportunity to plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs
- Opportunity to hire and train kitchen staff
- Perform other duties as requested and agreed upon
This is a hands-on role working alongside the team. Must be able to open/close the kitchen and be able to work all stations.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a managerial position
- Strength in cost management and maximizing the bottom line
- Ability to coordinate, communicate and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly working with Excel spreadsheets and reports.
- Flexible schedule as WickedCup is open daily, which requires mornings, evenings, weekends and Holiday availability
Salary is negotiable depending on experience
Required Licenses or Certificates
- Food Safe
Start Date: ASAP
Location: 912 Connaught Drive, Jasper (Maligne Lodge)
To apply, please submit your resume to Stephanie@wickedcup.ca