The Head Housekeeper will complete all duties of the Housekeeping Supervisor, but will also:
• Report to the General Manager of property
• Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the housekeeping department
• Conduct daily morning meeting with housekeeping staff
• Addressing any day to day operation concerns with the Housekeeping Supervisors and then finding appropriate solutions and implementing actions
• Coordinate with all departments to ensure a high-quality product and high-level of service is provided to our guests
• Co-ordinate repair services with the Maintenance Department so that deficiencies may be tended to immediately and corrected promptly
• Complete weekly/ bi-weekly schedules for all staff in the housekeeping department, including employee vacations, breaks and overtime assignment
• Supervise, co-ordinate and monitor the activities of supervisors
• Train and coach supervisor team members. Demonstrate patience and positive attitude when providing training and delegating tasks
• Follow-up on performance evaluations that are provided by the Housekeeping Supervisor. Organise re-training when needed.
• Provide disciplinary actions in compliance with Decore Disciplinary Action Policy. Ensure that Management is informed of any disciplinary issues
• Manage, address and resolve staffing issues promptly, discreetly and efficiently
• Complete payroll
• Report all the ordering of day-to-day cleaning supplies to the Executive Housekeeper as needed.
• Liaise with the Human Resources and Executive Housekeeper for all recruiting, training, and staff retention activities and provide positive encouragement and motivation to all employees to ensure optimum service during all shifts
• Ensure Alberta OH&S regulations are always followed
Previous managerial experience in housekeeping in a hotel or related industry.
Language – Must be able to speak, read and write English
Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask with a positive attitude.
Effectively communicate with all levels of guests, employees and management.
Enjoy working as part of a team and must be legally eligible to work in Canada.